Wink, wink

Wink, wink

Thursday, July 23, 2009

"Today was a record I hope to never break" --Matt "Truck" Thrall


130 miles today! Talk about a pain in the ass. Literally. Yesterday we made it over Cottonwood Pass after a grueling 20 mile climb and a somewhat unappreciated payoff in the way of a 15 mile dirt downhill, and eventually (after 76 total miles)wound our way into Crested Butte. Today, however, 130 miles. Did I mention the taint pain? I guess so. The picture is Matt, "Truck" Thrall after we found our way to Hutch's Ourayle House Brewery. The contrast between 100 degrees in angry-big-truck-Montrose, and the beautiful box canyon town of Ouray was that of apples and oranges. Make that worm-ridden apples, and fresh-picked oranges. I'm too tired to blog, but will add more about Crested Butte's Brick Oven Pizzeria, the beer selection, and their kick-ass bike team on the next post. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dave,

    I highly suggest a tube of A & D for that taint area! That stuff works great! I'm surprised you posted today after that trip! Thanks for keeping us updated! Good luck tomorrow!

    Hanszee

    ReplyDelete