Wink, wink

Wink, wink

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I'm Not Very Helpful and I Tend To Stifle Progress

No other way to put it, this ride is fucking fun!
Other possible headlines from today range from "I love birds, but hate RV's" to "bikes and roads were here long before cars or you". Anyhow, we made it to Buena Vista where we were treated to a number of delicious beers, at Eddy Line Brew Pub, including my favorite, CPA!
I had one of the more terrifying moments of my life going nearly 54 mph down the back side of Hoosier Pass today--speed wobbles as though my front wheel was coming off! I just kept praying that I'd slow down a bit more before I crashed. The road was freshly paved and we had it all to ourselves, and I don't know that I've ever gone that fast! Turns out I made it to the edge of the highway without wiping out my friends or myself. It also turns out that my headset was a bit loose! I've never thought of myself as all that religious, but I must say that I've been praying my ass off on this trip (maybe that's why it hurts so bad???). So, I opted for bed while the troops opted for Salida and more beer at Amica's, and unfortunately my camera is in the van! But never fear, great photos can be found at Chad Melis' Oskar Blues Brews and Bikes blog! Chad's so much faster, he's got the time to pull off, take photos, eat some food, go catch a movie, and still easily catch us on the next switchback. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment